How to Make an Easy Gluten-Free, Vegan Pasta Salad
Yep! You heard that correctly, a GLUTEN-FREE and VEGAN pasta salad? And it’s easy? We know that having dietary restrictions can be well… restrictive. Here at Big Charlie’s, we want everyone to sit at the table and enjoy the art of meal-time whether you eat meat, gluten, fish, or plant-based.
This super easy gluten-free pasta salad will easily become a tried and true recipe for your family. Bring it to backyard BBQs and potlucks and we bet that no one will even notice that it’s gluten-free and vegan.
How to make a super easy gluten-free vegan pasta that everyone can enjoy with just a few simple and fresh ingredients:
- Pasta of choice - there are a variety of gluten-free options or try alternative pasta options (like Banza Chickpea Pasta)
- Spinach - we recommend going with fresh spinach but you can buy frozen or canned as well
- Chickpeas - grab a can of chickpeas and rinse them thoroughly (feel free to substitute with any type of bean)
- Vegetable Broth - optional, but recommended for extra flavor
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes - pro-tip: soak the tomatoes in water to soften them a bit
- Basil - we recommend fresh but dried will work as well
- Black or Kalamata Olives - whichever you prefer (make sure to get pitted)
- Auntie Nono’s Everything Seasoning - add some extra flavor and seasonings
- Big Charlie’s Dressing: this classic dressing with a twist will add the perfect level of flavor to your gluten-free vegan pasta salad
Make this the night before and serve chilled or warm.
Why We Love Pasta Salad
You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t like pasta salad. It’s always a hit at every bbq, backyard party or potluck. And with the addition of Big Charlie’s Dressing, it’s sure to be a smash hit! Most people won’t even realize that it’s both gluten-free and vegan.
Step 1: Boil the Pasta
Boil your gluten-free or alternative pasta according to the directions on the packaging. Strain and rinse with cold water to speed the cooling process.
Step 2: Sauté Spinach
Sauté the spinach on medium heat with a little water and vegetable broth until slightly wilted.
Step 3: Chop Basil and Sun Dried Tomatoes
You can do this with either a food processor or hand chop. You’ll want to chop them fine but not completely minced.
Step 4: Prep Other Ingredients
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place into a large bowl with the cooked spinach, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Step 5: Finish and Chill
Once the pasta has cooled down a bit, mix it with the chickpeas and vegetable mixture. Add some Big Charlie’s Original salad dressing and voila! Easy peasy - gluten-free vegan pasta salad is complete!!
Make your get-togethers memorable with flavorful dishes and food that the entire family can enjoy! Let us know how this recipe worked out for you, and leave your feedback in the comments below!